The political figures on the podium are not personalized. Their self-satisfaction and positive, festive mood sharply contradict the narrative – the rough intrusion of aggression into a gentle, calm world. Off-camera, a transformed voice from a song by Soviet singer Anna German is heard:
How I believe
That sadness will dissipate,
That trouble will refuse,
That the soul will dare.
Born in 1993 in Kazan, Selena Isho has been living in St. Petersburg since 2013. She works in the genre of installations and three-dimensional objects of machine form. Her artistic practice includes porcelain sculpture, painting, graphics, textiles, video art, performance, and feminist writing. Her works predominantly feature existential, psychoanalytic motifs, themes of gender, corporality, and class privilege. Her works are held in private collections in Russia and abroad.
- 2020-2021 Young Artist School, "Pro Arte".
- 2014-2020 The Saint Petersburg Stieglitz State Academy of Art and Design, Faculty of Monumental and Decorative Art (Master's and Bachelor's Degrees).
- 2014-2019 St. Petersburg State University named after Zhdanov, Higher School of Journalism and Mass Communications (Bachelor's Degree).
- 2008-2013 Kazan Art College named after N.I. Feshin.
Grants and scholarships
- 2020-2021: Frans Art Foundation.