Two-channel video installation
“The day was wasted if I didn’t dance.” Friedrich Nietzsche
People from timelessness, caught in the present, are circling in a Moscow park and on the streets of Buenos Aires, united by the timeless music of Alfred Schnittke. For some of them, dancing is a real holiday, an opportunity to be yourself, for others it is a return to the past.
Part 1 “Ball” – dancing in a Moscow park.
Artist and curator based in Moscow, Russia.
Graduated from Moscow Technical University of Communications and Informatics and Free Workshops School of Contemporary Art of Moscow Museum of Modern Art. Founding director and curator of International Video Art Festival Now&After which is annually held in Moscow since 2011.
Her works were exhibited in different solo-exhibitions such as:
Modus Operandi, A3 Gallery, Moscow (2017); I Dreamed Sheet Lightnings Other Night, CCI Fabrika, Moscow (2016); Cafe "Deja Vu", Samara Literature Museum, Samara, Russia (2012); Observation Station, State Museum of Contemporary Art of Russian Academy of Arts, Moscow (2010); Elements of Memory, Moscow Museum of Modern Art (2007).
She also was a participant of different group shows and festivals such as:
- 19/92. At First, Moscow Museum of Modern Art (2016);
- Bi-City Biennale of Urbanism\ Architecture, Shenzhen, China (2015);
- Shatters of War, Baltic Branch of National Center for Contemporary Art, Kaliningrad (2015);
- Special project of International Shiryaev Biennale"Burlaks: Between Europe and Asia", Samara (2014);
- 6th, 5th, 4th, 3rd, Moscow Biennale of Contemporary Art (2009, 2011, 2013, 2015);
- International Visual Culture Festival Vizii, Kiev, Ukraine (2013);
- The nominees show of “The One Minutes Awards 2012” Amsterdam, the Netherlands;
- A Walk About Moscow within Days of Moscow in Delhi, Lalit Kala Academi, New Delhi, India (2012);
- Nominees’ exhibition for Kandinsky Prize 2011, Moscow;
- History of Russian Video Art. Volume 3, Moscow Museum of Modern Art (2010);
- Swedish Family, Uppsala Artmuseum, Uppsala, Sweden (2010);
- Nominees’ exhibition for Kandinsky Prize 2010, Moscow;
- 11th Festival des Cinemas Differents de Paris, Paris, France (2009);
- 13th Media Art Biennale WRO, Poland (2009).